Field Service Management
Keep teams in-the-know, engaged and productive
Field service organizations have many moving parts, but above all, providing extraordinary customer service is key. Real-time communication makes an immediate impact on performance. Technicians can solve issues faster, coordinate with dispatch easier, build team camaraderie regardless of location, and stay on top of important deliverables like training certifications. Managers can Broadcast important information directly to technicians to alert them of safety hazards and dangerous weather or remind them about upcoming meetings or actions.
With an All Mode Communication Platform for field service, you connect off-site workers with office teams, ensure tribal knowledge is easily shared among technicians, and drive increased performance, engagement and retention.Watch the Webcast
Focus on What Matters for Your Off Site Workers
Zinc provides frictionless communication across devices so that you can focus on managing a great team.
- Team Performance
- Field Visibility
- Team Building
- Easy Reminders
- Knowledge Sharing
Improve technician performance through real-time interactions with managers, team members, and other departments who have the answers techs need.
- Cut out cross-departmental communication wait times, reducing on-site job duration
- Connect technicians with the experts who can help, improving first-time fix rates
- Streamline tech to dispatch communication, reducing response times
- Uncover and resolve common issues and training needs
Know what’s happening in the field through group membership and Zinc’s Communication Analytics.
- Stay involved in Official Groups to know what techs are talking about
- Monitor Ad Hoc group creation to see trending topics
- Run analytics reports to see user activity and conversation networks
Enhance team culture by strengthening relationships between technicians and managers, no matter how far apart teams are located. Create a culture of connectivity that drives engagement and retention.
- Let technicians see they have the support of the entire organization behind them
- Celebrate wins together in team group chats and conference calls
- Create connections and memories through regional, national and global groups
Reduce dreaded busy work and streamline paperwork-related processes with instant check-ins and status updates.
- Use Broadcasts to remind technicians to complete training and other actions
- Reach out with an instant message to prompt action
- Instantly confirm requirements are completed with photo evidence, rather than logging into an online portal to confirm
Capture and leverage tribal knowledge so that new technicians can be brought up to speed quickly and to prevent the same problems from recurring.
- Utilize the knowledge veteran technicians have in Help and Q&A chats
- Reference message histories to see what transpired at a customer site
- Alert all technicians to new or corrected installation procedures to prevent repeated questions and errors
Create an extraordinary customer experience
With Zinc, the whole team stays in touch. Whether you are driving to your next customer site, climbing up a ladder or handling a customer issue, you can constantly communicate with off-site employees to complete work in the most efficient way.
Designed for ease-of-use, Zinc lets you get the job done faster.
Whether you need to send a message or a picture, call your manager, coordinate with dispatch, go hands-free with a Bluetooth device, or dictate a message, Zinc has all the features you need, and then some. Forget the awkward wait times at the customer site and always deliver an exceptional customer experience.
Every Mode So You’re Ready for Any Situation
Easily jump between modes so you can quickly resolve customer problems as they arise.
- Find Parts
- Adjust Your Schedule
- Access Information
- Impress Customers
Troubleshoot in real time with anyone in your organization who can help. Whether in an Official Group or troubleshooting Hotline, there is always someone there to help.
- Send a message to your org’s Help Group to get immediate answers
- Send a picture or video of what you’re seeing
- Jump on a phone or video call for a live walkthrough (or talk through)
Reach out to nearby technicians in your region with easy location sharing to set up a part delivery.
- Find nearby techs by sharing your exact location
- Arrange a meet-up to get the part you need
- No longer reschedule customer visits due to missing parts
Adjust Your Schedule
Forget the days of logging onto a laptop or waiting on hold to contact dispatch when your schedule needs to change.
- Instantly notify dispatch when a job is going to be ahead or behind schedule
- Coordinate new routes when traffic or customer issues arise
- Get more done in a day, or even wrap up early
No more having to search through emails, intranet postings, and workflow apps to find the information you need. It’s all integrated into Zinc and easy to find.
- Browse your Broadcast feed to find important information
- Attach work orders and other documents to messages
- Scroll through message histories to remember past solutions
- Review conversations connected to Predix ServiceMax work orders, accounts, and installed products
Impress your customers with quick and expert service with help from a professional, real-time communication app.
- Resolve issues and complete jobs faster than before
- Communicate on a professional business platform, rather than a consumer app
- Never worry that the customer thinks you’re having personal conversations while on the job
Vivint boosts service quality and employee engagement
Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home services provider based in Utah that is solving the communication conundrum for its 1,000 field technicians. The company has rolled out Zinc, a secure mobile communication platform that has made it easier to relay important information, improve messaging visibility, and provide valuable efficiency and customer service benefits. Since deployment, Vivint has seen a
- 50% increase in employee engagement
- 37% reduction in time to service
- 23% reduction in returns of installs
- 13% reduction in second visits
Read the Cover Story
The Tools Field Service Orgs Need
Browse the company directory or search a name to start chatting with anyone at the company, no phone numbers required. Send a message to group or create your own group to talk about a certain topic.
Easily call teammates or your manager with the click of a button. Jump on a 1:1 video call to get live support and join team conference calls with one tap.
Directly attach files to group chats to make information sharing easy. When troubleshooting, send photos and videos to show what you’re seeing, all without leaving the app.
Tiered access to the Admin Console ensures the right people have the administrative rights necessary to best manage team communication.
Critical App Integrations
Integrations with “run-the-business” applications including Box, Google Drive, DropBox, Sharepoint, Salesforce, and GE ServiceMax bring context to conversations.
Cross Device Support
Connect all departments through Windows and Mac desktop apps, Android and iOS mobile apps, and on the web.
Get Your Team in Zinc
See the power of real-time communication for yourself.Start Trial