Don’t Miss Stacey Epstein on This Week’s SaaStr Podcast
Stacey Talks Going from CMO to CEO
This week Stacey Epstein, CEO at Zinc, sat down with Harry Stebbings at SaaStr to talk about the evolution of her career from Administrative Assistant to CMO to CEO.
Listen to the podcast here to find out how Stacey pushed her career to the next level, what the biggest lessons were, and much more.
First beginning as a single WordPress blog, SaaStr is now the thought leader on building SaaS businesses and invests in 4-5 promising SaaS start-ups per year through the SaaStr Fund.
As the largest community of SaaS founders and entrepreneurs, SaaStr receives over 3M views per month and 30 million+ views on Quora, with multiple events hosted throughout the year.
About Stacey Epstein
Before working at Zinc, the most intuitive communication platform for deskless workers, Stacey was CMO at Banjo. Before that, she was CMO at ServiceMax where she helped fuel 5 consecutive years of triple-digit growth.
Finally, before ServiceMax, Stacey was the Vice President of Global Marketing Communications at SuccessFactors. During her tenure with SuccessFactors, she pioneered the marketing function in 2005 and was instrumental in the company’s successful IPO in 2007, which led to a $3.4B acquisition by SAP in 2010.
About the Episode
In this episode you will learn:
- How Stacey made her way from CMO to CEO
- What fundamental lessons Stacey took from her transition
- What role the CEO should play in the marketing strategy and execution
- What CEOs most often get wrong about CMOs
- What the optimal and most efficient working relationship between CEO and CMO is
- How Stacey creates alignment and successful communication between the traditionally conflicting sales and marketing teams
- How transparency helps drive better business results