Improve Team Productivity and Job Site Safety
Crews need to tap the collective knowledge of the entire organization at a moment's notice to perform their best. Real-time knowledge-sharing allows dispersed workers to solve any problem at a moment's notice. With Zinc, teams have every mode of communication at their fingertips:
- Group and 1:1 Messaging
- Voice Calls, One-click Conference Calls and Push to Talk
- Video Calls and Video Sharing
- Location and Document Sharing
- One-to-Many Broadcasts
When all team members are solving issues together in a single field service mobile app, measurable results include better utilization, fewer safety incidents, improved employee retention, and ultimately greater control and uptime for electricity and gas resources.Get the Use Case Guide
Connect Teams in Real Time
- Get Instant Answers
- Locate Parts
- Send Safety Alerts
- Track Activities
- Share Status Updates
Get Instant Answers
Enable crew members to easily troubleshoot with other crews, team leaders, and equipment specialists through dedicated help groups. Complete jobs faster, reduce safety incidents and uncover the root causes of repeat problems.
- Get instant answers to job site questions by sending quick messages, photos, and videos to official help groups
- Video chat with equipment specialists to resolve issues safely
- Prevent unnecessary onsite visits by managers and experts
Rather than waiting on hold to find a part, crews can use regional or product-specific Official Groups to locate parts and arrange a delivery or pick up.
- Drop a pin and send your location right from Zinc
- Coordinate part delivery via a message or a Zinc call
- Reduce the time it takes to get a critical piece of equipment onsite
Send Safety Alerts
Inform crews of safety concerns through one-to-many Broadcasts. These notifications are pushed straight to employees’ devices and contain links to any necessary information.
- Include links to critical information
- Target Broadcasts to the relevant crew members
- See exactly who has read and clicked the information
Use an Official Group for all communications pertaining to a specific work site so crews keep track of what work was performed and by who.
- Share site information, photos and videos, and document the steps taken to resolve a problem
- Easily reference the history of work completed at the job site
- Worksite transparency cuts down on wasted time and improves accountability
Share Status Updates
The day shift can easily pass the status of current projects to the next shift in an Official Group with all necessary crew members.
- Share status updates complete with photos and videos
- Refer to project status updates and instructions in the Official group at any time
- Boost productivity and increase satisfaction by reducing the number of calls the off-duty shift has to take
Quickly get needed parts with location sharing, ask questions in help groups, and keep managers updated on job status.
Jump on a video call to accelerate on-site issue resolution with a knowledgeable team member.
Instantly share important updates and safety alerts so crews are always equipped with the right information.
Field Service Product Demo
What Customers Are Saying
"Zinc improves communication and makes real-time knowledge sharing a reality. Employees are no longer sent information that is irrelevant to them and at the same time, no one feels excluded."
- Haley Hillton, Senergy
"Collectively, we’ve seen our time to service drop by 37 percent in the past year. We’ve also seen a reduction of 13 percent in service returns or second visits to complete a job."
- Brett Barborka, Vivint Smart Home
Vivint boosts service quality and employee engagement
Vivint Smart Home, a leading smart home services provider, knew there was a better way to connect their 1,000-strong team with the knowledge and information they needed to provide great service. After rolling out the mobile field service software Zinc, Vivint was instantly able to relay important information, improve messaging visibility, and provide valuable efficiency and customer service benefits. Since deployment, Vivint has seen a
- 50% increase in employee engagement
- 37% reduction in time to service
- 23% reduction in returns of installs
- 13% reduction in second visits
Read the Cover Story